Club Pledge Drive
VBR Star is excited to announce the installation of led lights on Carilion field, McLeod field, and the Advance Auto field. This is the next step in making our facility even better. Adding lights opens a great deal for the club. We will be able to extend training sessions along with game play and tournaments. Our goal is for the club to raise $150,000 with the drive beginning September 2019 until May 2021.
The drive will include each team in the club organizing ways to make funds to help pay for the lights. These fields and lights are for the players, so we want the players to be involved in the drive for the lights. We would like each team to decide on how they would like to raise the funds. There are many ways to raise funds but here are some ideas.
- Golf challenge get hole sponsor ($250) and/ or get a corporate sponsor ($1,000).
- Purchase a table for Casino night ($375).
- Team bingo take over (team works bingo and donates at their fundraiser contact Theresa New at (540) 798-4108 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Sell banner(s) for the complex. ($1,300 each).
- Secure a sponsor for the club. Could be a uniform sponsor (sleeve, shorts, or academy practice uniform) or field sponsor, tournament sponsor, etc..
- Per team fundraiser- sell candy, donuts, Christmas trees and wreaths, candles, popcorn, cookie dough and other items. Another fund raiser is each team member phone-a-thon.
Each team will have a pledge drive coordinator. There will be a competition between teams in the club and the team who raises the most money will win a prize.