Starting May 25th!
Boys Head Coach: Noah Jefferson | Girls Head Coach: Eric Martin
Pro23 & CAPP serve as an advanced training program unlike any other in SW VA. Current players in our club are able to train and play agaist and alongside current and former college players. VBR Star is always excited to get their former players (currently or formerly in college) back out on the field with our current Elite players. CCL Pro23/CAPP allows young players the opportunity to see what it is necessary to be successful at the "Next Level."
Training will begin in the later part of May, welcoming high school players when their school team finishes. Training will run through the middle of July.
What is the difference between Pro23 & CAPP (College Athlete Training Program)?
- Pro23 is the mixture of both training and games.
- CAPP is focused on the two days a week of training.
- Essentially, they are the same, but many young players due to conflict can only train, or are not selected for the Pro23 team on the weekend.
Do Younger players get the opportunity to play in Pro23 games?
- The answer to that is yes. Over the past three summers, we have seen over 25 returning high school players get into games, 3 of which started in the Pro23 Championship game.
- Players must be 16 by June 1st to play in games. All 2006 players are welcome to participate in CAPP
- VBR Star uses the Pro23 as a development program to help players looking to play at the next level, using the game and training to create a familiarity with the speed of play that is common at the collegiate level.
- Games are not guaranteed!
Is this program open to other clubs locally?
- The answer is yes, but players must meet the playing level necessary to compete with the older, more experienced players.